What do I do if my sewer lateral backs up?
A sewer lateral is the underground pipe that is part of your home's plumbing system. It carries wastewater from your home to the sewer system. If you own your home, you also own your lateral from the end of your home's plumbing system to the connection with the Village sewer main. If the sewer lateral at your home or business becomes plugged and is backing up:

1. First, contact the Saukville WW facility at 262-284-3185 during regular work hours. Staff will check the sewer main in front of your residence or business to verify that the main is open and flowing.
2. Staff will notify the property owner as to if there is blockage in the street connection or if/when any blockage has been cleared.
3. If the blockage problem is in the property owner's sewer lateral, which runs from the building to the main in the street, the property owner will need to contact a plumber to open the lateral, at their own cost.

If you notice any back-up issues, you may contact the Saukville WW Utility, 262-284-3185, during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. or Village Hall at 262-284-9423. If after hours, please contact the Police Department at 262-284-0444. They will contact Utility personnel to respond to your request.

Show All Answers

1. Can I put trash down the toilet?
2. Can I pour old chemicals down the drain?
3. Can I pour grease down the drain?
4. What do I do if my sewer lateral backs up?