Permits, Applications & Licenses

Building Permits

Residents and business owners are reminded that a permit is required before any construction work is started.  In some cases, committee approval is required.

All building, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing permit and inspection services for the Village of Saukville are administered by the Village of Grafton Inspection Department.  Permit forms are available at Saukville Village Hall and on our website, but all questions, permit processing, and inspection services regarding building, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing permits will be handled by the Village of Grafton Inspection Department. 

The Village of Grafton Inspection Department can be reached at 262-375-5305 and is located at:
860 Badger Circle
Grafton, WI 53024

Fire Suppression & Fire Alarm System Permits Required

Effective February 10, 2020, the Village of Saukville requires a completed permit application for all new and alterations to existing Fire Suppression and Fire Alarm Systems.  See link below for information and permit application form.

The Village of Saukville will continue to administer permits and inspections as required for signs, fences, committee review (business change of use, construction, and zoning related), right of way, special event, and recreational burning. 


Yard Waste Disposal

Wisconsin residents shall not put yard waste in with their ordinary household waste, or sweep it into the street or curbside.  Residents are encouraged to compost, or take their bagged grass clippings and leaves to our Public Works Compost Site.  The Village will chip small tree branches (less than 3 inches in diameter) every Monday mid-April through October.  Residents are asked to place branches at the curb on the weekend before the pick up.

Property Maintenance

Chapter 151, Ordinance #803, of the Village of Saukville Code of Ordinances requires routine maintenance of lawns, landscaping, and yards by all property owners.  See Ordinance details - Property Maintenance Ordinance #803

Junk/Discarded Property 

To help maintain property values, residents are not allowed to store junked or discarded property, including automobiles, automobile parts, trucks, tractors, refrigerators, furnaces, washing machines, stoves, machinery or machinery parts, wood, bricks, cement blocks, or any other unsightly debris which substantially depreciates property values in the neighborhood, except in an enclosure that screens such property from public view or upon permit issued by the Village Board.

Snow/Ice Removal & Sidewalk Maintenance 

The owner or occupants of any building, structure, or unoccupied lot within the Village must keep the sidewalk running along their lot free from snow and ice accumulation.  The sidewalk should be cleared by 10 a.m. of each day unless the snow continues to fall during and after 10 a.m., then it shall be removed within 24 hours of daylight after it has stopped snowing.

Bicycle Licenses 

Village Ordinance does require all bicycles operated on streets, alleys, or public highways in the Village of Saukville to be licensed.  The Police Department will issue non-expiring bicycle license for a fee of $3.

Dog/Cat Licenses 

The Village of Saukville allows three domestic pets (dogs & cats) per household unless special arrangements are provided to have additional pets.  These pets are required to be licensed by Village Ordinance.  Licenses are valid for the calendar year and must be renewed annually. 

The fee for a dog license is $8 for a spayed/neutered dog and $10 for a dog not spayed/neutered.  The fee for a cat license is $5 for a spayed/neutered cat and $7 for a cat not spayed/neutered. 

After March 31st of each year, an additional $5 late fee (dog) and $3 late fee (cat) will be charged to each license purchase.  Proof of current rabies vaccination (rabies certificate) must be shown when purchasing pet licenses. 

Pets are not permitted to run at large in the Village.


To assure a better quality of life for all our residents, no person shall make or cause to be made any unnecessary sounds or noises which may annoy or disturb a person of ordinary sensibilities in or about any public street, alley, park, or any private residence. Please report any noise violations to the police department.